Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed being a "stay at home" mom the past 7 months....Although I have blogged about the stresses of mothering 2 kids, I am glad I'll have this year to spend with my 2 kids, because after my mat leave, I'll be working full time.
Now, we all know that the work of a stay at home mom is just as difficult, if not more, than our "daddy" counterparts' work. I don't know what your husbands like to do, but I have a husband that likes to golf and play hockey. While I don't want to deny him his recreational time, since he definitely deserves it. When he golfs, he enjoys 5 hours of time with his friends and no kids....when he plays hockey, it's 2 hours of time for himself and no kids. Hockey is at least once a week, and golf is usually 1-2 times a month. How I would love to have 2 hours of time by myself once a week, and 5 hours once a month...but what does a mommy do? I can think of shopping, or spa time....is there anything else?
If you have any suggestions/ideas, please post your comments!! :)
Thanks
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hey Marian,
ReplyDeleteJust this past Sunday, I took a day off. Andrew stayed home with the boys and I took the truck and had the whole day to myself. I went to church, had lunch with a friend, and then spent the afternoon in a coffee shop with a book. It was bliss, until I came home to find the house in shambles! But I enjoyed my me time. It was nice to be unattached for a day.