Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Kids 1-Mama 0

Viv's been back to work for about a week now, and I thought I was doing ok...but today, the kids beat me down.
I should've known, when the day didn't start well..Actually the night didn't start well..Nathan was waking up every 2 hours, unlike his usual 3-4 hours. Then, Isabel's preschool was cancelled because the teacher was sick. Nathan has been very fussy during the day and refuses to sleep. He doesn't seem to want to nap for more than 45 min at the longest. AND today, it seems like he was wanting to eat every hour...perhaps he's going through a growth spurt? So between Nathan's crying and Isabel wanting this and that, I tried to cook dinner and clean the house, but I lost badly. I did manage to make some food, but the house was a disaster when Viv got home, and forget doing any laundry!
Anyways, I know I'm still new at this, and Nathan is only 5 weeks old...but entertaining an active 3 year old and taking care of a 5 week old is challenging to say the least. I'll be honest, I am not enjoying myself right now. I felt like a failure today..I couldn't believe i couldn't cope....people keep telling me it will get better...I do believe them, I just hope it happens soon. I can't wait til winter is over and Isabel can play outside and I can take Nathan outside for walks without freezing our butts off... It's hard being cooped up in this house all day.
ok, I gotta go to bed and try to sleep...can't let the kids beat me tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment