Sunday, January 11, 2009

the Portable DVD Player...great invention!

Sadly, just the other day, our Toshiba portable DVD player broke down, after over 2 years of faithful service. We bought the DVD player for Isabel when she was just over a year for a trip to Japan.  Now, if you plan on travelling with a baby, especially on a long trip..you have to have one of these!  Now, before I became a parent, I would see kids with DVD players at restaurants and think that the parents were being lazy...now, maybe I am being lazy, but frankly, I don't care...the portable DVD player is a great invention!!  Now this player has served us well at many a restaurant, house party, long trips to Asia, short trips, and when Viv wants to watch hockey (since we only have 1 tv). I will also say this...don't go and buy the cheapest player you can find.  We chose the Toshiba, since it was the player with a longer battery life.  The Toshiba we bought cost us a little more, but was totally worth it.  We recently purchased a "cheap" dvd player to replace the one that died... thinking, it should suffice...but we were wrong!  It said it has a 2.5 hour battery life, but barely lasted 30 minutes...so now we have to return it and look for a better one.  Bottom line: you get what you pay for.
Now there are so many products that are available now for parents to rear their kids...but a portable DVD is $ well spent...(in my opinion!)  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment