As summer approaches, it's a challenge finding things for the kids to do. I still find it difficult to go out with the 2 kids alone. I haven't taken Isabel to the park as much as I did before, when I only had 1 kid. The next few months will be getting over that fear of going out with 2....I think I have to just do it already! It's still and adjustment, but getting easier...so take heart all you mommies of 1...you can do it! Don't be afraid to have #2. :)
Thursday, June 18, 2009
the 6 month mark
I have got to be the worst blogger on this earth! Blogging is hard work...and time consuming. To those following my blog...I apologize for my inability to keep this thing up! Today happens to be a lucky day for me...I was able to drop both kids off at my in-laws house for most of the day, as contractors begin reno in our basement. I have been able to go to the gym, Walmart and the bank. Sounds boring to some, but it has been a fabulous day for me! This Friday will mark 6 months since Nathan was born, and I became a Mommy of 2. I know my past blog entries have been negative, (and downright scary to some...) and I have scared some of my mommy of 1 friends from having that 2nd child. I apologize for those posts...the tiredness was talking. Tiredness is truly hell....it just makes everything bad. No wonder kids cry endlessly when they are tired! I remember being tired when I had Isabel, but I guess 3 years goes by and your forget....Or maybe the tiredness seems worse because now you have 2 kids to worry about. Now that Nathan sleeps longer, I feel less tired....and as time passes, you adjust to having 2 kids. They start to develop a pattern..Nathan pretty much sleeps from 9pm to 6a
m, has a bottle, then sleeps til 8 or 9am. He still naps sporadically during the day...sometimes he naps for 20 minutes, sometimes 2 hours. Isabel has become less clingy and definitely has her own pattern. She also LOVES Nathan. She entertains him when I have to do other things in the house. I'm glad they are 3 years apart. It's not too close that I have a toddler and baby (which I think would be craziness), but close enough that they will hopefully play together.
As summer approaches, it's a challenge finding things for the kids to do. I still find it difficult to go out with the 2 kids alone. I haven't taken Isabel to the park as much as I did before, when I only had 1 kid. The next few months will be getting over that fear of going out with 2....I think I have to just do it already! It's still and adjustment, but getting easier...so take heart all you mommies of 1...you can do it! Don't be afraid to have #2. :)
As summer approaches, it's a challenge finding things for the kids to do. I still find it difficult to go out with the 2 kids alone. I haven't taken Isabel to the park as much as I did before, when I only had 1 kid. The next few months will be getting over that fear of going out with 2....I think I have to just do it already! It's still and adjustment, but getting easier...so take heart all you mommies of 1...you can do it! Don't be afraid to have #2. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Marian,
ReplyDeleteI know exactly what you mean about getting over the fear of going out with two. I was terrified that I wouldn't be able to handle it, but you just figure out a way that works for you and pretty soon you begin to wonder what you were so scared of. But I hear you about the park. I haven't taken Ethan to the park, or swimming, since Rueben was born. Mommy groups is fine cause the room has 4 walls, but when there are wide open spaces, I tend to envision the worst!
Keep blogging... I'm reading.
Kate